- I still have not learned how to switch the new fancy-schmancy WordPress Block Editor into an HTML mode so I can see the code. It literally took me weeks to be able to list things using list numbers in a way that didn’t break.
- And now I have. Turns out there is a triple-dot icon on the top right of the screen, next to the Settings button which I’m assuming is why I never clicked on it before. That will take you to Code View, thank god. All the time I’ve been writing on the Web, since the web 1.0 for dog’s sake, I’ve been doing it with the HTML right in front of me. I’ll say, the Block Editor is nice because I know it’ll be compliant, but sometimes it tries to be too helpful, just like any other GUI.
- I learned how to play Mancala. I also learned that there are at least 3 different distinct games played that are all called Mancala. As I was taught to play by a 7 year-old, I went and looked up the rules afterward and there were some serious variations demonstrated online, all of which materially affect game play. Here’s the rules to Mancala we’re using when we play.
- I learned about NAICS numbers for classifying businesses in North America. My firm would be under 541330 for Engineering Services.
- There is a website that tracks the planes of dictators.
- The Baen Bar is shutting down (temporarily) because of the amount of political violence being bandied about there. If you follow me on twitter, you may remember this:
Hey, @BaenBooks. One of your authors is advocating for armed insurgency on your forums. Seems like something you might want to look into right around now. https://t.co/29n5Me0OEP— Bill Ruhsam (@bruhsam) January 10, 2021