I’ve not been doing much besides working eating and sleeping the last while. During that time I compiled quite a list of “things to blog about”. In order to clear the backlog, I present
A list of things I thought were interesting over the past week which I didn’t have time to blog about and is presented with little (if any) comment
- There’s irony in the title of this Lifehacker posting entitled Limit Visits to Timewasting Websites…
- Bill Hammack “The Engineer Guy” explains smoke detectors and MOSFETS
- Everybody needs a Pirate Ship Bedroom complete with secret passages
Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia) has written a bill that (as I read it) gives the military the authority to seize and hold anyone who becomes classified as an “Unprivileged Enemy Belligerent”. Ok, you say, that seems reasonable, except that the bill specifically makes it location UNspecific. Thus anyone seized anywhere by any authority, including local and state jurisdictions within the United States, can be locked away in a military prison with no recourse. Including Citizens. No, I do not approve.
- An absolutely fabulous hand-drawing of one artist’s interpretation of the history of science fiction. Make sure you really look around at the details
- A comic, depicting some of the hypocrisies of the current US Federal Budget debate.
- A fascinating picture from the Japan earthquake. Why did the road peel apart right down the middle?
- An interesting graph of United States GDP growth since 1871